Friday, October 19, 2018

Why Do Middle Aged and Older Females Think Little Girl Hair Styles Look Good?

I know I am being trivial and many women will disagree. But this is my opinion.
What is with women who wear their hair in messy pony tails or very tight pony tails? Why do women with grey hair think they should still have long hair? Do women who pull part of their hair up with a clip or barette really think this looks good? Buns are fine and can be very elegant; but, ladies, leave the messy buns for the very young. Leave pony tails for the young. The youthful hair style does not work, especially with grey hair. Be sophisticated, elegant, chic, edgy but not a little girl. We were little girls, but we aren't any more. Let's be realistic, sensible, graceful. We can be liberated women who persist in all we do and still carry our age with confidence and beauty.
The same goes for leggings; that type of pants belongs in the gym, as lounging wear, or with a tunic. But that's it. Leggings do not substitute for pants. Again, what a little girl can wear is not what we can wear. Thankfully, there are so many stretchy jeans and pants now that finding comfortable pants is not a problem.
By the way, I am guilty of wearing leggings too frequently and workout clothes everywhere. I have changed my habits. Now that I am showing my age, it is time to dress the part. Otherwise, I, too, will look like a "little old lady" in teenager's clothing. Not a pretty sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment